Dear sponsors of the Adopt-A-Loom Project,
We are approaching the end of the year and we would like to sum up the Adopt-A-Loom Project achievements for 2017.
2017 has been a success and we're happy to share with you the results from the villages of our Homeland.
In addition to the villages of Arakads, Karagert, and Sassounik, we've added six more, thanks to you!
1. Oshakan, in the Aragatsotn Region - 11 students and 2 teachers.
2. Hatsik, in the Armavir Region - 10 students and 3 teachers.
3. Ptghunk, in the Armavir Region - 13 students, 3 teachers, and 2 young girls from the nearby Light House
4. Meghradzor, in the Kotayk Region - 10 students and 1 teacher.
5. Voskevaz, in the Aragatsotn Region - 9 students and 2 teachers.
6. Ujan, in the Aragatsotn Region - It's the last location for this year and we're in the process of setting up - 16 students
and 4 teachers.
We have a total of 69 eager participants excited to learn the ancient and noble rug weaving craft, thanks to your valuable support and donations to the Armenian Rugs Society in the US and the Folk Arts Hub in Yerevan.
We hope to triple the number of villages in 2018 and include border villages, as well.
We appreciate your support and investment in renewing and preserving the precious art of Armenian carpet weaving and passing it on to the younger generation. You've brought joy, happiness and hope to our participants and their communities.
Be sure that these hand woven treasures are waiting for you, with open hearts, and we'll be happy to take you along to some of the villages next time you visit Armenia--I assure you, it will be memorable!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2018...!
May your life be filled with joy and happiness and may each new day bring you moments to cherish.On this joyous day, and throughout the new year, may your life be filled with an abundance of love.
Merry Christmas and may you live a long and happy life filled with goodwill and friendship.
And, hope see you in Armenia during the upcoming year to enjoy the results of your donations together with us all.
Warm greetings from all the Regions and Yerevan,
Director of Folk Arts HUB Foundation and
Silk Road Hotel